Woodlesford House

Woodlesford in the 1930s.

Woodlesford House, or Woodlesford Grange as it became known, was the village manor house. The original buildings on Applegarth are thought to have been built in 1736 but were demolished in the mid-1960s and the site redeveloped to accommodate 8 mews houses. Up until then the house, with a commanding view over the Aire valley, was surrounded by orchards and fields. Click on the links at the left of this page to read about those who lived in the house during various periods of its history.